Spokane Humane Society is searching for additions to the veterinary medical team! We are looking for a veterinary assistant (formal assistant certification not required but experience preferred). We have a high standard of care at our agency and have a save rate of 97% at our shelter. We have expanded our services to qualified low-income community members on Fridays for wellness services and are now open five days per week. Primary duties would include and not limited to:
• general animal care, handling and restraint
• Prepping patients for surgery; monitoring surgery and recovery
• medicating hospital patients
• facilitating appointments with doctors for staff/foster/public patients
• client communications at our public vaccination and microchip clinic.
• sanitizing/cleaning of kennels, instruments, floors, laundry, and dishes per standard protocol
Knowledge and experience in shelter medicine appreciated, but not required. We are looking for a team-oriented individual with dedication to our clinic values to provide wellness services to those of lower socioeconomic status, combat pet overpopulation and infectious disease, and facilitate treatment of shelter patients.
Salary and benefits information available to serious inquiries.
For additional information, or to submit resume & CV, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org