2024 Winter Meeting
30th ANNUAL WINTER MEETING
Behavior for the Small Animal Practitioner
February 3rd-4th, 2024
The Inland Empire Veterinary Medical Association is proud to present our 30th annual winter meeting. It will be held at ***Silver Mountain Resort*** in beautiful Kellogg, Idaho https://silvermt.com/. From the conference room the slopes are just an amazing gondola ride away. There is also an indoor water park at the resort! Silver Mountain Resort is located about 1.5 hours east of Spokane. It is easily accessed by I90 and close to the historic town of Wallace, Idaho. The meeting starts with a hearty breakfast at 7:30 followed by four hours of lecture each day and then you will be free to ski (or float in the lazy river) by noon. Vendors of products and equipment will be present to answer your questions and product needs. There is also a hosted FAMILY FRIENDLY wine and cheese event Saturday evening!
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER:
Julia Albright is a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists. She is an Associate Professor at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Albright obtained both a Masters degree in Experimental Psychology and DVM from The University of Tennessee before complet ing a residency and fellowship in Animal Behavior at Cornell University CVM. Dr. Albright’s research interests include reducing stress in animal facilities, psychopharmacology, and the human-animal bond. She lives in Knoxville, Tennessee with her husband, a fish biologist at UT, and a wide assortment of cats, dogs, horses, fish, and human children.
MEETING FORMAT SATURDAY & SUNDAY
7:30 am Breakfast
9:50 Hosted Coffee Break (20 minutes)
Total of 8 CE credits certified in WA and ID
- Easy as 1,2, Pee – Steps for Solving Feline Housesoiling
- To the bladder and beyond – the role of stress in feline urinary health
- Parting is such sweet sorrow: A case-based approach to canine separation anxiety
- Psychoactive Polypharmacy Pathways: increasing success with a layered pharmaceutical approach
- Putting the shine back in the golden years: addressing senior pet behavior problems
- Disaster waiting to happen: treating fears and phobias related to specific triggers
- Stranger things: managing aggression to triggers outside family
- You are not getting near me with that thing: managing the aggressive patient
Hotel: Silver Mountain Resort (866) 345-2675 use group code 44f7h9 for discounted rate. Or online at https:// silvermt.com/plan-trip/lodging/book-now#/room and enter the code to get the special rate. And remember all room rates include access to the Silver Rapids Indoor Waterpark! Deadline January 3, 2024 for reserved rooms
Many more hotels also available in Kellogg or Wallace(15 minutes away)
For more information please contact:
Dr. Sara Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org 503-830-1056 or Dr. Katie Shockley email@example.com 864-909-3052.