Our busy animal hospital in North Spokane is looking to add an additional Veterinary Assistant to our dynamic team of veterinary professionals. This is an exciting opportunity to join a state-of-the-art practice. Successful candidates will be a team player, motivated, career-oriented individual who is not afraid of hard work. Must be compassionate, caring, and an excellent communicator with a professional attitude.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Bathing, feeding and walking all hospitalized animals.
• Assisting the doctor in the exam rooms.
• Client education. Explaining medication and other go home instructions to clients.
• Retrieving and restraining patients using safe and compassionate methods. We practice “Fear Free” techniques.
• Assisting the veterinarian or technician while they perform treatments and diagnostics.
• Maintaining IV pumps and fluid lines on hospitalized patients.
• Ensuring that all patients are clean, comfortable, and well cared for.
• Documenting medical records with accuracy, using proper medical terminology.
• Preparing and wrapping surgical instruments for sterilization.
• Prepping patient for surgical procedures; shaving, scrubbing, etc.
• Maintain a safe, clean, and odor free workplace.
Wage and benefits to be discussed during interview process.
This is a full-time position (4 weekdays, rotating half day Saturdays)
To apply, please email cover letter/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org